Our client based in Gloucester is looking for a Principal Public Health Analyst to join their team on a contract basis of 12-18 months possibly 24 months, depending how the virus evolves and impacts local areas.
This role is being put in place to ensure implementation of a successful Covid 19 Outbreak Management plan, the post-holder will be responsible for the daily review of relevant intelligence to understand if there are local increases, within settings or particular geographical areas. The role will be required to oversee monitoring of data flows relating to early warning and detection, prevention, management and control of the disease within different settings and communities, to support work around vulnerable people, inequalities and recovery, and links to existing ICS structures around research and intelligence such as R4G.
Candidates who wish to apply for this role must have the following-
- Higher degree-level qualification in related or equivalent experience in. It would be desirable if the candidate had a post graduate qualification in Health Economics or statistics.
- Good knowledge and understanding of specialist public health practice is required
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of epidemiological and demographic information and statistics
- Data management and understanding of data structures
- Detailed knowledge of various statistical software packages to enable complex data management.
- Knowledge of GIS and social marketing tools e.g. ACORN and/or MOSAIC
- Innovation and development experience, including strong project leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Advanced IT skills in databases, spreadsheets, SQL reporting and Power BI (desirable)
- Ability to work with/across a range of stakeholders
- Strong Project and Programme Management skills
For the successful candidate duties will include-
- Undertake initial investigation of cases
- Lead and support the development of public facing information
- Respond to data led media and councillor queries as required under short timescales
- Lead the development of local intelligence reports for decision makers as required
- Lead on the development of response and recovery data requirements for COVID19
- Be a leader in Public Health Intelligence and act as a specialist advisor to enable the identification of priorities and guide the decision making process
- Lead responsibility for public health intelligence and the development of staff and analytical resources
- Engage with stakeholders to understand application of data/operational requirements and develop solutions
- Develop and present complex information in a range of formats for strategic and operational use
- Define and develop data collection processes in order to monitor key metrics as required.
- Represent the client in regional intelligence networks and network regionally and nationally, sharing learning and developing local resources
- Maintain high standards of data quality
- Deputise for the Strategic Intelligence Manager and supervise team members as required
- Undertake and support others to analyse interpret trends in disease incidence, mortality, and survival, particularly with regard to socioeconomic deprivation, exercising judgement in interpreting statistics
If you have strong leadership skills, are highly motivated & determined with substantial knowledge of epidemiology, statistics and public health intelligence and experience of providing solutions to a range of complex population health queries then we need to hear from you!