We are actively recruiting for a HR role that is focused specfically on Organisational Development. This role is based in the heart of Gloucestershire, it is to cover a 3 month contract period with the possibility of an extension for the right person. We are looking for someone that could do an immediate start & are offering an excellent rate of pay.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the development and delivery of an Organisation Development strategy. To support a comprehensive, value added OD advisory and consultancy service to senior managers, leaders and commissioners across the business. To oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of key workforce plans.
As a member of the HR team, to carry collective accountability for ensuring that the HR / OD function meets the needs of an ever business.
This is what we need you to do...
- To cultivate and establish credible working relationships with leaders, commissioners & senior managers to facilitate their identification and planning for future organisational development needs (including adopting a coaching approach as appropriate).
- To offer a sound understanding of the service(s) and the organisation's direction, and the strategic workforce implications.
- To ensure the delivery of the OD strategy and planning
- To play a lead role in driving the delivery of organisational development aspects of change programmes.
- To consult and work with senior managers to provide innovative and relevant strategic development solutions, enabling them to make timely and well-informed decisions whilst understanding the impact of these decisions.
- To use management information and business relevant metrics to influence business decisions
- To scope, design and ensure delivery of strategic, innovative and tactical Workforce and Organisation Development projects through effective project management ensuring the enhancement of credibility with business customers.
- As a member of the HR team:
o To co-ordinate the development and delivery of the current OD plan to ensure it is future fit.
o To lead and support the OD team within the HR service
o Be jointly accountable for the efficient and effective deployment of OD resources to support the delivery of services.
o Share the responsibility for developing the skills & knowledge and maximising the potential of all staff within the HR team.
o To deputise for the Head of People and Digital in relation to allotted organisational development matters
The ideal candidate will have...
·Proven experience of giving direction and supporting complex organisational development and cultural change
·Influencing and working with senior managers and stakeholders on people management solutions
·Programme and project management experience
·Experienced HR OD Practitioner at a strategic level
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
·Strategic knowledge and understanding of OD and supporting cultural change
·Strategic understanding of services and multi agency working
·Understanding of organisational change, workforce planning and workforce development approaches.
·Commissioning and procurement skills and knowledge, especially around workforce/organisational development;
·Using HR competencies to improve business decision making and performance.
·Business and commercial acumen
·Understanding of the business and ability to take a service/organisation wide perspective in scoping, sourcing, commissioning, procuring and supporting the implementation of OD/WD solutions.
·Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
·Creative thinking and organisational problem-solving skills
·Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills
·Encouraging and obtaining commitment from others (whether managers, staff, partner bodies)
·Demonstrates Leadership Behaviours
oAlways open to learning
oLeads by example
oBuilds on organisational and individual strengths
·The personal presence, integrity, authority and Service strategic understanding to speak as an equal and be listened to by Directorate leaders and managers.
·Able to challenge leaders on their own ground in relation to people issues eg ask difficult questions, say the unthinkable, challenge assumptions
·Solution focussed and innovative approach
·Commitment to continued professional development and learning
·Able to adapt personal style to different audiences.
·Commitment to quality customer service and drive for continuous service improvement